Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Bristol Renaissance Faire!

     Last weekend I took a trip to the Bristol Renaissance Faire in Kenosha, WI.  It was a painfully hot day, so I wore my bodice with no corset underneath.  I cheated a little with a modern stretchy cami under my smock, but even without that it was very supportive.  I think the softer silhouette was really pretty and looked rather Italian. 
     I'm wearing the bodice of the Darnely Gown and the petticoat I made for the new Venetian outfit.  I made up the matching sleeves the day before.  I was overheated a lot of the day, but I think this Elizabethan mix-and-match held up very well.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, very pretty! I love that you combined elements from different dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks gorgeous! And we can't tell you're roasty-toasty :-)

    ReplyDelete