I have some goodies for you today! Some of you might have seen this on The Realm of Venus already, but I finished my petticoat for the Italian Renaissance Costuming Challenge! It's made from dupioni silk that started life as curtains. I hand stitched everything but the long side seams and it's lined with some good quality muslin. I'm wearing it over a padded petticoat in that very poorly lit picture. ;)
Next up, we have part of my chemise sleeve. The lace inserts are sewn diagonally between each solid section, hopefully looking something like this extant garment when it is finished. Aside from a few sections where I experimented with doing it by machine (which I hated!), the sleeves are entirely hand sewn. I hemmed all the edges and then essentially whipped stitched the lace in-between each piece. I wish my hems were a little bit smaller, but I do think the over all effect is very pretty!
Next to that picture, I have the new and improved version of my girdle. Earlier, I bought and painted some beads, but I didn't like the shade of gold next to my gown trim. Luckily, I had some other gold beads on hand that I think look even better - I'm not sure why I didn't just use those to begin with!